(from Young Love #114, February-March, 1975)
1. That there was a time where a tampon manufacturer considered it worth advertising in a comic book.
2. That DC published a comic book where the target demographic would be people who would buy tampons.
3. That an ad from a mid-seventies comic could be more upfront about menstruation than those published in today's magazines for adult women.
4. That a mid-seventies ad for tampons could be better written and illustrated than 90% of Marvel and DC's current output.
5. That based on circulation figures, this ad was probably read by more people than most comics on any given top 10 of today's comics titles.
6. That I will never look at a tube of lipstick in the same way again.
7. That I kind of miss the seventies, even though I was seven years old when they ended.